Ricky M.'s Thoughts

My thoughts on life, relationships, religion, spirituality, the paranormal and more.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Phone Telepathy

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/09/05/telepathy.reut/index.html
"Each person in the trials was asked to give researchers names and phone numbers of four relatives or friends. These were then called at random and told to ring the subject who had to identify the caller before answering the phone.

"The hit rate was 45 percent, well above the 25 percent you would have expected," he told the annual meeting of the British Association for the Advancement of Science.

"The odds against this being a chance effect are 1,000 billion to one."

I still don't know if I'm capable of doing this. Too few people call me at home. I do however do something else which at times has freaked several of my friends. When people think of me, there are times when I call them up on the phone after or sometimes even during the time they are still talking about me. The time elapsed between they talking or even thinking about me varies. If we haven't talked for years sometimes the elapsed time is around two weeks, but if we are close and we have just talked within the week, the elapsed time can be minutes. We may all really be connected in some sort of way, just the same way people who are in love seem to know how their loved ones are.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think about you all the time. Why are you not calling me? Maybe because we are not in love? hahaha

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chances are the people they listed were people they call often. and these people would expect they that will be called by that person.

just like if my phone rang, you would be on the top 5 of the list.

think about it. we don't regulary communicate with everyone. just a select group. of course they would expect our call.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home